Hemma - Knowledge Base
If this is your first time with our support:
- Please make sure you read the documentation included into the zipped folder that you have downloaded from Themeforest
- After this, please search our tickets to see if your question is already answered
- If you can't find your answers, please post a new ticket on the support forums, after verifying your purchase code (left side panel)
- For browsing the tickets on our previous support system, please click here (Remember that you need to sign up that forum too; even if the system tells you it won't accept your purchase code, try to log in with your credentials, it should work. Please also remember you are not allowed to open tickets on our old support forum).
How to fix the Instagram feed
As of June 29th, 2020, the Instagram platform has deprecated its API.
We have prepared a video tutorial showing how to make the Instagram feed work again. View the YouTube tutorial or keep reading.
Update the theme and install the new plugin
To make your theme display the Instagram pictures again, you need to:
- Ensure that you are using Hemma v1.4.8 (or greater). The latest theme version can be downloaded from ThemeForest at this link: https://themeforest.net/item/hemma-a-wordpress-theme-for-holiday-houses/15924438
- Hemma v1.4.8 will require you to install and activate a new plugin, called Hemma Instagram Feed
- Now you can deactivate and delete previous Instagram plugins shipped with the theme (i.e. Hemma Instagram and Hemma Instagram Api)
- Go to Settings -> Hemma Instagram Feed, there is a field for the Access Token
Where do I get an Access Token?
- Go here https://developers.facebook.com/apps/ & Create an App.
- Find Instagram card and click on "Set Up"
- Go to Products -> Instagram -> Basic Display -> Create App
- Click on "Add or Remove Instagram Testers"
- Scroll down and find "Instagram Testers"
- Add your Instagram account as Tester
- Now go here https://www.instagram.com/accounts/manage_access/ to Accept the invitation.
- Go to Products -> Instagram -> Basic Display -> Click on "Generate Token"
There are more tutorials showing how to get an Access Token, for example:
Once you obtain that, all you need to do is copy and paste the Access Token into the Hemma Instagram Feed settings page, and save.
Instagram feed stopped work again?
If the Instagram feed stopped working again, that might be due to expired access token. In that case, please try generating a new access token and see if it works.
After re-generating the access token, you need to update the theme and the Instagram plugin to avoid experiencing the "expired token" issue again. So, re-download the theme from ThemeForest, ensure to install the latest theme version (v1.4.11 or more). The new theme version should require you to update the Hemma Instagram Feed plugin to v1.2.0. Update the plugin.
If images are broken, go to Settings -> Hemma Instagram Feed, and click on "Save Changes".
Common Questions & Answers
Why I get a 404 (page not found) error?
That is a very common WordPress issue with Permalinks, not related to the theme (even if we're really trying to prevent it). To fix it, all you have to do is navigate to Settings - Permalinks and hit the "Save Changes" button. That's it!
How can I change a Custom Post Type name? (for example: "rooms" to "villas", "deals" to "offers", etc.)
Well, this is one of the most common and tricky questions about Hemma. First of all, we recommend to activate the child theme: this is a very important step because your changes will remain untouched during the theme updates, and you will not have to go through this lengthy process again.
Then create a functions.php inside the child theme's directory, you can add there some custom code to change Custom Post Type names. Take a look at this repository on GitHub, you can also find a sample file that shows you how to configure the functions.php file the right way!
- Where is the changelog?
There is a file named changes.txt just inside the theme's folder.